The Diocese of Kalamazoo will post parish and diocesan job openings. Postings are limited to 100 words or less and may be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Diocesan Pastoral Center
Associate Superintendent of Schools for Diocese of Kalamazoo
Reports To: Executive Director, Secretariat for Catholic Education and New
- Develop and oversee all curricula for schools of the Diocese of Kalamazoo
- Oversee and monitor all federal, state, and diocesan compliance concerns for schools
- Develop syllabus and teach three-day annual seminar for teachers new to the diocese
- Schedule and plan trainings related to compliance concerns such as asbestos management, dispensing medications to students, etc
- Present at in-services and trainings – e.g. training for new school board members, other
- Represent the diocesan schools by serving on various local and state committees
- Work with Executive Director and other team members on various projects as needed
- Practicing member of the Catholic faith
- Masters Degree or higher in an educational discipline
- Minimum of three years teaching experience, preferably in a Catholic School
- Administrative experience, preferably in school administration
- Experience in developing and/or managing curriculum
- Some understanding of various compliance issues facing schools
- Proven ability to work both cooperatively and collaboratively with colleagues
- Strong leadership skills with ability to lead / facilitate various groups
- Ability to solve conflict with compromise
- Experience in all aspect of event planning
- Excellent speaking and writing skills
- Willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends as needed
- Confident public persona
Application materials may be submitted online to email@example.com or through U.S. mail to: Margaret Erich; Superintendent of Schools/Diocese of Kalamazoo; 215 North Westnedge Avenue; Kalamazoo MI 49007.
Application materials are to include a cover letter, resume, credentials, salary expectations, and references, including a letter from your parish pastor on parish letterhead. Applications received after May 3, 2013 will not be considered.
Outside the Diocese:
St. Francis Xavier School K-8, located in the beautiful and friendly, year-round resort town of Petoskey, Michigan, is actively seeking a dynamic, motivating leader with excellent communication and management skills and the ability to build and engage our community. This leader, as Principal, will work with exceptional faculty members and staff developing the faith, respect, and curriculum of our student body of 200. In addition, well qualified applicants must be a practicing member of the Catholic faith, have a Masters in Educational Leadership, School Administration or equivalent degree, a valid Michigan Teaching Certification with a preferred minimum of five years of classroom teaching experience. Please send resume packet with letter of interest by May 20, 2013 to the Diocese of Gaylord, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Director of Faith Formation, Youth Ministry and Lifelong Parish Catechesis, Immaculate Conception Parish, Traverse City, MI
The successful candidate will be responsible for the development and implementation of a comprehensive faith formation program for children, youth and adults under the direction of the pastor and in collaboration with parish staff. This is a full time position, salary to commensurate with experience. Preferred Masters in Theology or Religious Studies or comparable. Minimum of two years of relevant parish experience in religious education. Diocesan Catechetical Leader Certification or willing to work towards all of the above. Must be a fully-initiated Catholic in good standing with the Church. Please submit a letter of interest, resume to Diocese of Gaylord by fax 989-705-3589 or email email@example.com. Application deadline May 18, 2013.
Principal, Shrine Catholic High School & Academy, Royal Oak, MI
Shrine Catholic High School & Academy, a Catholic, co-educational accredited parish school located in Royal Oak, Michigan is seeking a committed Catholic educator to serve as principal. The school currently serves over 400 students in grades 7 through 12.
The successful candidate must meet the following qualifications:
- Be a practicing Catholic.
- Hold a Master’s Degree in Educational Leadership.
- Meet Administrator Certification requirements.
- Meet Catechetical Certification and other Archdiocese of Detroit requirements.
The candidate will exhibit a commitment to Catholic Identity and the ability to lead the school by demonstrating a thorough knowledge of current educational issues, secondary curriculum development, Catholic school financial practices, and Institutional Advancement including: student recruitment/retention/admissions, fund-raising and development, and public relations/communications.
For a job description go to: www.shrineschools.com
Please submit cover letter and resume to: National Shrine of the Little Flower, Attn.: Search Committee, 2100 W. 12 Mile Road, Royal Oak, MI 48073.
Principal, San Juan Diego Academy
San Juan Diego Academy, a K-8 Catholic School serving southwest Grand Rapids and Wyoming, MI is seeking a Principal for the 2013-2014 year.
- Master’s Degree
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) mandatory requirement
- Teaching certification
- Diocesan Catechist Certification
- Strong fund development skills
- Strategic planning
- Proven administrative aptitude
- Practicing Roman Catholic
Apply: Fr. Stephen Dudek D. Min.
Holy Name of Jesus Catholic Church
1630 Godfrey Avenue SW
Wyoming, MI 49509
Applicants are encouraged to apply by March 1, 2013 but applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Visit http://www.dioceseofgrandrapids.org/diocese/Employment/Pages/Principal_SJDA.aspx for more information